Post title: Secretary and Driver
Report to: Country Representative
Salary Scale: NGO salary scale
Duty Station: Tirana, Albania
Employment Duration: ONE year with possibility of extension
Assist in overall administrative functions.
§ Establish and maintain administrative filing system;
§ Arrange for visa and permits approval and extension for expatriate staff, handle incoming and outgoing shipment of personal effects;
§ Arrange accommodation for visitors, consultants and assist to arrange for accommodation for expatriates. Make staff travel arrangements for IR Albania internal and external travel.
§ Respond to, and type minor/routine letter, memo and fax correspondences as requested by the supervisor.
§ Assist in the arrangement of staff training/workshops/seminars/meeting, etc.
§ Issue staff ID cards and maintain its records, i.e. collecting IDs from departing staff.
§ Arrange for the monthly department meeting, take notes and write minutes of the meeting.
§ Arrange for advertisement of vacant posts etc in the newspaper as required by the agency in consultation with human resource officer.
§ Participate in preparation procedure related to administrative matters.
§ Manage and Follow-up of stationery and office supplies stock, maintaining accurate and up-to-date record of store items.
§ To maintain sufficient stock of supplies including medicines (first aid kit), stationery, equipment and general items to meet day-to-day demand.
§ Assist in regular market intelligence data collection/survey of routine supplies and coordination with the purchase committee for routine purchases.
§ Assist in obtaining quotations, purchasing and other activities as and when needed.
§ Handel mail through receiving incoming mail, parcel and postage from general post office, DHL, EMS, etc register and dispatch to appropriate staff member. Dispatch all outgoing courier to overseas and in the country through post, EMS, DHL, etc.
§ Translation & verification of English/Albanian and proofreading.
§ Carry out other duties as required and requested by the supervisor.
§ To make sure the vehicle is well maintained according to a timetable
§ Responsible for recording and keeping different vehicle records.
§ To be responsible for the safe driving, vehicle and passengers and to follow the national driving rules, regulations and the approved speed limits.
§ To inform supervisor if any default in the vehicle.
§ To make sure the vehicle certificate, as well as the fire extinguishes are not expired.
§ Insure that the vehicle is secure and safe to drive.
§ To keep good appearance of yourself and the vehicle.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
1. University degree with experience in Administrative related skills.
2. Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability of flexibility in demanding situations.
3. Previous work experience, ideally with non-governmental organizations would be an advantage.
4. Excellent written and spoken English.
5. Knowledge of another foreign language is an asset.
6. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook Express
7. Knowledge of other computer programs would be an advantage.
8. Willing to travel and work beyond working hours to meet deadlines.
9. At least 3 years driving experience in working for reputable organization/s
10. Able to provide a valid driving license.
11. Experience of using and maintaining vehicle records
1. Flexible & Patient
2. Ability to work on your own initiative
3. Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
4. Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam
Interested candidates shall send a non-returnable application dossier contains the followings:
1. Up-to-date CV with
2. Names and addresses of referee persons
3. Photocopies of all credentials, testimonials and supporting documents;
4. Please send all application to:
Rr. Durresit, Laprake e Re, Blloku Gintash, Pall. E, Ap. 8, Tirana, Albania
Tel/Fax: (+355) 4357188
5. Closing date for application is one weeks from the date of this announcement;
6. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
7. All CVs should be sent via e-mail and hard copy (the certificates etc only hard copy).
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values and principles of Islamic Relief and be committed to humanitarian principles and action.
Tel. : 042357188
Cel. : 0692054270; 0672054270